Sunday, September 13, 2009

Some things to think about . . .

I'm reading a book right now by Beth Moore that is really challenging me and deepening my faith. Here are some quotes from the book that have meant a lot to me.

"God is not just a firm place to stand. He's a firm place to stay."

"That's how God is about you. He's firm. He's loyal. He made up His mind about you before the foundation of the world. Regardless of who has betrayed you and what promises they didn't keep, God is firm in His commitment to you. Circumstances don't cause Him to rethink His position."

"God is unreasonably patient and merciful. He's there for every urgent need and any sudden spell, but an emergency room relationship with God is not the psalmist's idea of a firm place to stand. He's not a divine drive-thru drugstore. He is not just a temporary fix in an urgent situation, a fast way to get everyone to forgive us, or a good side to get on when we need Him to save our scrawny necks. God can hold your weight - the full emotional, spiritual, mental, and physcial poundage of you - sixty seconds a minute, sixty minutes an hours, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year for the rest of your life."

"The ground beneath our feet will be only as firm as our resolve."

taken from: Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore

I hope these statements speak to you as much as they have to me. Walking with Christ trumps every other part of life because without Him none of it means anything but with Him I find my purpose in every single area of my simple life.

No comments: