Wednesday, October 26, 2011

C.R.A.V.E

Our church has just gone through a 6 week series titled, "CRAVE". It was a very timely series for me and God has stretched me and taught me so much more than I went in to it thinking He would.

We talked about 6 different things that each of us tend to CRAVE in our lives.

1. Direction
2. Significance
3. Relationships
4. Belonging
5. Anwers to Why
6. Hope

1 Peter 2:1-3 - "Therefore"
The "therefore" refers back to 1 Peter 1:23-25 where it states, "For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For, “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever.” And this is the word that was preached to you."

Because we have accepted salvation through the Word of God and because this Word is living, active, and will stand forever we should do what it says in 1 Peter 2:1-3, "Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good."

I'm hoping to blog about each of the 6 points above over the next few days/weeks and really dive into what I've learned from each point. But, for now I'll share the place where I'm starting. In craving - direction, significance, relationships, belonging, answers to why and hope - I must first begin with craving Christ himself. He is the answer to each of these six things. In order to satisfy our cravings we NEED Christ. Left to ourselves we tend to be misguided but when guided by Christ we find direction, significance, relationship, belonging, answers to why and hope.

Isaiah 58:11, "The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." If we chose to guide ourselves we will be the complete opposite of what this verse offers. We will be dry and weak. And, that is not God's design for us. I don't know about you but I want an overflowing, purposeful life and that is exactly what God is offering.
I find myself in a really neat place spiritually where I'm truly craving more of Christ and I'm eager and excited about lies ahead. I'm excited about progressing to this next level of maturity and closeness with Christ.

No comments: