Thursday, May 23, 2013

Grace Abounds

 
Coming into the presence of God when I know my sin has gotten me in more trouble than I care to acknowledge or admit can be such an intimidating time. Knowing he already knows the mess I've created and knowing he expects me to confess my sin is something I would rather run from. I come to that moment of decision - Do I give it to Jesus or hold on to it all by myself?

In that moment of surrender I am always shocked and amazed. I can come to Him so beat up, yet feel loved and built up in His presence. I'm learning more and more that the Bible is truth and that when it says, "there is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus" that this is exactly what it means. God doesn't shake his finger at me and tell me I'm a failure, he doesn't give up on me or turn his back towards me. Instead, he lovingly corrects me and puts my feet back on the right path.

He Understands!

So, the next time I have royally messed up there is no need to be afraid of coming to Jesus. His, is a throne of Grace!!



No comments: