Thursday, June 16, 2011

here lately....

Hello Everybody!

Summer break (for Joshua) is well under way. He started summer camp at our church this past week and has had a really good time so far. Except for the one day he decided he was not going... but, what do you expect when he's getting used to a new place? Just got to take some of these things as they come and get over them when they're done. No need hanging on to them and making a bigger deal out of them. I have to remind myself of this, pretty much daily, so that I can remain as sane as possible. (haha)

ANYWHO... Like I said Joshua is going to summer camp at our church and he gets to go on weekly field trips, and he gets to go swimming at the country club once a week. They have an awesome program set up for the kids where they can really have fun and experience a little summer fun and not just be in their classroom all summer long. This past Tuesday he got to take his scooter to camp with him and they had a time for the kids to ride them out in the open parking lot and had some police officers come and talk about safety. So, I'm pretty excited about him being in the program and having the kid interaction over the summer.

This past weekend we went up to see my mom and celebrate her birthday. We spent the day doing her favorite thing.. fishing! We went down to my uncle's land and fished, rode 4-wheelers and then went swimming a little later down at his house. It was a nice relaxed, laid back kind of day. I've posted a few pictures.

Rocket had a blast playing with my uncle's golden retriever. It was cute watching them play. Joshua didn't like it AT ALL at first because he thought Daisy was trying to hurt Rocket. I had to convince him that's just the way they play.
Joshua chilling out, waiting on us to catch a big fish so he could claim it as his. He cracks me up!
I love this picture. My momma is so fun and laid back. She was just laying there and waiting for a fish to bite her hook and the dogs came over to play.
Rocket trying to figure out what to do with the fish!!
Rocket checking out our catch for the day!
Here's the only thing I caught.. LOL... just my luck
Me and Joshua riding around on the 4-wheeler.
We had a fantastic day. Of course we always do when we go up to visit momma. It's so much fun there with all the different things we can get into. But, I'm most thankful that I got to spend her birthday with her. Those years we were in Texas were hard when we missed these celebrations with family. Being able to do these things really makes me feel blessed since I know what it feels like to miss them due to distance.

No comments: