Thursday, March 27, 2008

oh clumsy me

I managed to land myself a very nasty sprained/bruised ankle. How, you might ask...well, here you go. We keep our bikes stored in our house and we decided since it was so pretty last night that we wanted to get our bikes out and go for a ride. Rodney and Joshua already had there's and were waiting on me. But, as I stepped outside to carry my bike down the back steps (which, I've done tons of times with no problem) I lost my balance and BOOM from the top step I landed side ways on my left foot. OOWWWIIIEEEEE!! As soon as I hit the ground I grabbed my left foot and literally felt it swell up... that was weird. Joshua saw the whole thing happen and ran over to me and said, "you otay mommy, you fall down?" I told him yes, mommy fell down. He walked over to the bike which had fallen with me and said, "no hurt my mommy bike!" As bad as I was hurting I had to chuckle at that. He says the darndest things sometimes. :) So, then he came back over to me and said, "i help you up mommy", so he walked behind me put his hands under my arms like he was going to lift me but of course it didn't work. So, his crazy little self walks around in front of me, puts his face up close to mine and says, "too big mommy. I can't help." Oh my word.. not only am I about to die from the pain in my foot but now my 3 year old slams me with the "too big" comment. (even though I know he didn't mean anything mean by saying it, it was just too funny for that situation)

So, eventually I got up, took some medicine and took myself to bed. I figured I would just wait and see how it felt in the morning. I got up this morning and boy, did it ever still hurt. So, I knew that sometime today I'd have to go to the doctor but I didn't want to miss chapel at work today because my new boss was preaching and I wanted to hear him. So, I went after chapel and found out from the doctor that I've got a pretty nasty strain and that my front is bruised from the inside out and the doctor said that the bruise I have is pretty deep so it's going to take a good bit of time to heal. So, now I get to wear this wrap up thing on my foot and just wait. Which, is already driving me crazy and it's only been one day. I've gotten so use to going and doing my exercising and I just LOVE walking in the mornings because it just helps wake me up and get me going and now I can't. :(

I'll close with another funny comment by Joshua. After I left the doctor me and Rodney went to pick him up from school and he noticed my foot all bandaged up and was asking me about it. When we got home I wanted to go upstairs to change my clothes and Joshua being the little cutie that he is runs over to the stairs and says very seriously, "don't fall down steps mommy" Oh my word.... what a nut! I have no idea where he gets that little sarcastic humor from.. (hahahaha) :)

No comments: