Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Falling in love with my Savior

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." (Isaiah 43:2-3)

I absolutely love this book I'm reading right now by Beth Moore. The words just leap off the page and become my very own prayer and worship to God.

"Intimacy with God grows through sharing every realm of experience. I've wept bitterly with Him. I've screamed in frustration. Sometimes I thought He was going to break my heart in two. But I've also laughed out loud with Him. Wept with unspeakable joy. Left the chair and gone to my knees in awe, Squealed with excitement. I have been to every extreme and back with God. But if I had to define my relationship with Him by one general statement, I would tell you that He is the absolute joy of my life. I don't just love Him. I love loving Him. Surrendering my heart to Him has not been a sacrifice. I don't know any other way to say it: He works for me." (Beth Moore, Breaking Free)

There is no other way to say it but DITTO to all of the above!! My heart and soul resounds these exact words. God has been with me through it all. He has been consistent, comforting, loving, understanding, and has never once turned his back on me. And, that is why I can't help but falling more and more in love with Him.

No comments: