Thursday, July 10, 2008

just a few things...

It's almost the weekend!! HOT DOG! :) I've been in a very unsettled mood this week. It's been so weird. I've rearranged every room in my house since last weekend. I did the kitchen, the bedrooms, and the living room. I'd rearrange the bathrooms if I could, but those items seem to be a little permanent. (haha) I guess I've just needed a change. I think I'm finally satisfied with how it all looks now. I finished last night by rearranging Joshua's room. And, he loves it because now he can sit on his bed and watch TV. I guess it's the little things that count the most, right? :) He got up this morning and I couldn't get him to leave his room. He said, "i not go to school today, I play my room." So, I interpret that to mean "good job mommy, my room looks like a lot of fun now."

We're going through two new phases with Joshua right now. We're teaching him how to dress and undress himself. I've just been doing it for him, because come on, we all know we don't want our babies to grow up and not need our help. :) So, this is actually a big deal to me. He's doing great with it, but as I watch my little man grow up it just breaks my heart. I'm one that believes our culture forces our kids to grow up WAY TOO FAST and I want Joshua to enjoy his childhood and get the most out of it without feeling like he has to "grow up" fast. He's only 3 years old, but beacuse he looks older than he is sometimes people expect him to act older. But, he's still my baby (and always will be). He is the most precious thing that has ever happened to me. When he looks up at me with those big cute eyes and those cute little dimples I just melt. Back to the undressing and dressing himself part, he's so funny with it because he knows that mommy will do it for him so he tries to play me sometimes with it. He'll look at me and say, "mommy, i just too tired. you do it for me, please." AWWEEEEE... isn't that CUTE!!! But, mommy is learning that she needs to let Joshua do it himself. And, after he does he's always so proud of himself and so am I. He's such a wonderful son!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW THOSE PICTURES ARE SO CUTE!
HOW THE WEATHER HAVE YOU BEEN SWINNING TONIGHT. ROBERT SAVANNAH AND I WENT IN SWIMMING POOL . ITS SO NICE AND WARM NOW . HAVE A GREAT DAY . SAVANNAH SAYS HI. THEY ARE SPENDING TOW NIGHT WITH US. THERE DADDY HAD TO FLY UP TO NEW JERSEY FOR COMPANY WORK.
LOVE NANA AND PAPA