Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Where will my strength be found......

Proverbs 24:10 (esv)
"If you faint in the day of adversity; your strength is small."

Proverbs 24:10 (msg)
"If you fall to pieces in a crisis, there wasn't much to you in the first place."

I really got to thinking about this verse and you know if we automatically get down and depressed over every pain, every adversity, every bad circumstance that comes our way maybe there isn't much to us. As believers in Christ we have every reason to remain strong in the face of adversity. Our Savior did it for us... so, what's our problem? It seems as soon as something bad happens we immediately go into a"woe is me...everything bad happens to me" syndrome. I don't know about you, but I'm sick of this. I want to be able to stand in the face of my adversity and say, "this might be a horrible situation I'm in, but I refuse to give in to it and let it ruin me or bring me down." Let's learn how to tap into the might power of Christ strength so that we can stand strong when life starts throwing waves.

No comments: