Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Scripture Memory

I'm taking to heart Psalm 119:11 this year. This verse says, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." So far I've memorized 3 verses and I've decided what better place for accountability than on my blog. As I memorize scripture I'll post them and type them from memory (I promise I won't cheat). I really want to stay faithful to scripture memory so if you see that I haven't posted any new verses in the next couple of weeks then you have my permission to call me on it. :)

Psalm 63:7-8 (NIV)
"Because you are my help I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you. Your right hand upholds me."

Isaiah 45:22 (KJV)
"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth. For I am God and there is none else."

1 Peter 1:3 (NIV)
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope."

I want to live an unashamed life for Christ this year. There are so many areas I need to be more faithful in towards my God. I've been so delighted to spend time with him on a daily basis here lately and it's truly made a difference on how I approach different situations. The only reason I get through the things I get through is because I know God is on my side and that He will always be with me, helping and guiding me through whatever comes my way. I cannot be deafeated with Christ on my side.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

This is such a nice post... thanks!