Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Sweet Morning

I got up this morning and me and Joshua started our morning devotion time together. We read the story of the good samaritan. Joshua was surprised how the first two men passed right by the hurt man, but was very happy that the third man stopped to help him. Joshua asked me if the kind man took the hurt man to his house and gave him a popsicle. I thought that was so cute. He remembered getting to have popsicles after his surgery and thought the poor hurt man needed one to. It was encouraging for him to respond this way because I knew he was listening and learning what we were talking about. After reading our story we told Jesus thank you for the kind man and asked Jesus to help us be kind to others as well.

It was so sweet to spend the first few minutes of our morning together talking about Jesus and praying to Him. I am so excited to see how the Lord is going to mature Joshua and me during this time.

Last night before I went to bed I read 2 Kings 22. It spoke of King Josiah and said that he was only 8 years old when he became king and that he was a king devoted to God. It went on to speak about how God used King Josiah and saved him from the destruction to come because of his heart towards God. Even at a young age King Josiah knew who the True King was and worshipped and served Him all the days of his life. I thought it was so neat to read this passage before me and Joshua started our morning devotions together. Because it is the prayer of my heart that Joshua would come to know God in a personal relationship at a young age.

No comments: