Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gone Fishin'

Today was FISHIN' DAY with my momma, Rodney, Joshua and my aunt Dianne! We have really gotten into fishing this summer and really enjoy it! It's so relaxing and fun to sit and fish, laugh and poke fun at each other. Joshua thinks it's so cool to go fishing and he's a blast to watch when we are realing a fish in. He gets so excited!! He runs and grabs the net, gets the fish, goes to the bucket and dumps it in there. He'll sit still some and actually fish...but he gets bored with it after a while and starts exploring and waits for us to tell him we've caught a fish. Then he runs over and gets the rest of the job done.. (haha)

Here he is with his net, waiting on meme to catch a fish..

Daddy caught a big fish and Joshua was to the rescue with his net. He was really impressed with daddy's big fish.
I was doing so good catching brim fish. I actually caught 12 of them today (some were small so I threw them back) but I was so excited to catch my 12. Then, my mom and Rodney started catching BASS and showed me up with their BIG fish! So, Rodney was "sweet" enough (cough, cough) to let me wear his hat and said it would bring me good luck so I could catch a big one.. TOTALLY DID NOT WORK THOUGH!! (haha)
Joshua got brave enough to hold a little fish I caught. But, he said he HAD to wear gloves to touch it. He held on to this fish until we got back down to granny's house and proceeded to walk right in the house with it and sat it down on granny's kitchen table to show her his fish!! (hahaha) We definitely got a kick out of that.
A cute snapshot of Joshua and Rodney fishing together. I imagine they were discussing the deep things of life as they sat there .... NOT (haha)
Joshua reflecting on his 5 years of life.. (hahaha) Or, it's just Joshua resting and watching his fishing pole to see if he could catch something.
Momma and Joshua. Joshua was getting just a little tired at this point.
I totally LOVE this picture. Rodney had just caught his first bass and Joshua had never seen a fish this size. He thought it was sooooo cool. He's giving his "check out dat awesome fish" pose.
Me and my hunny fishing...
Time to clean the fish.. Joshua walked up to the table and said "awe, look at those poor little fella's." Needless to say he did NOT like it when the cleaning process began. We had to "walk away" to prevent a massive melt down.
We had a great day and made some lasting memories today! I'm loving all the time we are getting with family since we've moved back from Texas. We're making up for the 3 years we missed with them while we were there and plan on spending a lot more time together. At the end of the day, there's nothing like family and I thank God for all of mine.

No comments: