Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kindergarden Orientation and Tons of Rain

Joshua's kindergarden orientation was this past Tuesday night. We went to his school and saw his classroom, met his teacher, and filled out A MILLION forms (haha). I can't believe the amount of forms we had to fill out for him and I felt like I just kept writing the same information over and over. It was crazy, but it was fun too. It's pretty neat knowing that my little man has grown up and is entering school. I'm a little nervous but excited to. It's the beginning of a new chapter for us and I'm looking forward to it. I volunteered for just about everything they would need a parent to do at the school so I'll probably be at the school just as much as Joshua is. (haha) At least I'll be able to keep an eye on him and know what's going on.

Here's a picture I snapped of him and some of his classmates in his classroom at orientation last night. He loved playing with them and didn't want to leave.

Joshua's teacher is AWESOME! She has been teaching kindergarden for 13 years and has two grown sons so she knows all about little boys and how they are so that's great. She was also very engaging with the kids at orientation. She got down on the floor with them and any time she spoke to them she got down on the same eye-level as they were. I was very impressed. She also seems very structured and routine oriented which is right up Joshua's ally. He LOVES and thrives off of a routine. His teacher also showed Joshua a picture of her dog and told him that she brings her dog to school every now and then for the kids to see and play with. She stole Joshua's heart when she told him that. He loves dogs! I'm looking forward to a great school year and know that we will have struggles and learn a lot, but that it will be lots of fun too.

Now, for a little bit of a topic change... RAIN!! It's been doing some serious raining here since Sunday and we've seen a lot of flooding. Me and Rodney took a drive tonight to see some of the flood areas and snapped a few pictures.

Here's a shot right down the street from where we live.. this was flowing right down beside the road.

This is an overflow area that usually has water in it, but not like this. You can normally walk to the other side and it's not deep at all. As you can see, I was a little SHOCKED from seeing soooo much water.. (haha)
Taking advantage of a photo opportunity. You know me, got to capture those moments. :)
Water rising under the bridge.
Another look at the overflow
Pretty rainbow...
After driving around we decided Starbucks sounded wonderful and when we got there we saw that the Heavens agreed with us.. (haha) I had an amazing Grande nonfat/no whip Cafe Mocha!! YUM YUM!!

1 comment:

Shortcake said...

Yay for Kindergarten! Hope Josh has a great year :)