Wednesday, June 20, 2007

God Has Not Forgotten You

Luke 18: 1-8
The Parable of the Persistent Widow

Jesus is telling a story here about a widow who consistently, and persistently asked a judge for justice against an adversary of hers. In these verses it shows that for some time the judge would refuse to give her justice, but she kept coming back and asking. Eventually, the judge gave the widow what she wanted because he didn't want her to keep coming back and wearing him out.

Jesus is trying to make the point that if this unjust judge will grant justice to the widow how much more with HE, our Savior bring about justice for us. We need to be just as persistent and consistent in our prayer lives as this widow was in seeking her justice. Scripture tells us"that we should pray and not give up." God hears us even when we don't feel like he does. He's there, working in our lives and giving us exactly what we need at the exact time we need it. It may not always make sense to us, but our God is a God of perfect timing. So, no matter what we are going through we need to remember God has not forgotten us. He will see that His people have what they need.

I don't know about you, but I totally needed to hear this today. I've never really paid attention to this parable before, but I'll tell you it spoke volumes to my heart right when I needed it most. I guess this is just one of those days where Satan is trying his best to bring me down and I've got to stand against him and hold on to the FACT that my God is with me and He won't let me down! Life doesn't always make sense and it just down right hurts sometimes, BUT I refuse to allow my circumstances to bring me down. I refuse to allow satan to gain ground in my life, telling me I'm not good enough or that I'll never amount to anything. Because, the God I serve tells me everyday how special I am and that I'm everything He wants me to be.

No comments: