Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our Song

First of all, my son is the most awesome, wonderful, cute little boy there ever was!!!! He's just so dang sweet!!!!

Ever since Joshua was born I've sung the song "You Are My Sunshine" to him. Well, I was singing it to him this morning on the way to school and he started singing with me. It was sooooo precious! I stopped singing and asked him to sing it for me. His version went a little bit like this:

"You my sunshoooowww, You my sunshooowww, nanalaalananalala, You my sunhoooowww"

Needless to say, I just melted and fell more in love with his precious little self. God blessed me and Rodney beyond our greatest anticipations when he gave us Joshua. He is our joy!! It's so neat watching him grow and just becoming the person God has created him to be. My biggest prayer for him is that he will know God and love him with his whole heart. Speaking of prayer, I found the neatest thing and for all you mommies I will email it to you if you want. It's a calendar with scripture on it for each day that you can pray for your child. Like if it's June 1 you would pray the scripture on day one for your child. I've started doing this and using these scriptures to pray for Joshua.

Praying for our children is the most important thing we can do for them. I remember when we had the child dedication service at our church back when Joshua was just born and just telling God that I wanted him to use Joshua for whatever he had planned for him. We prayed 1 Samuel 1:27-28 over him which says, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."

I truly believe God has a huge, awesome plan for Joshua's life!! I can't wait to see how God uses him.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I have sung the same song to my children! My 2 year old gets upset now when I sing "you are my sunshine..." He wants me to sing "you are my son..." :)

Anonymous said...

awww that is sooooo cute.
i love joshua. i know you love him lots.. he has a great mommey :]

The Davis Family said...

Of course I remember you!! You are one of the most sincerely sweet people I've ever met. :o)
Your little family is very cute! Are you still in SC? Where do you work now?

I work for an insurance company, but I'm going on an undetermined hiatus to have our second child pretty soon. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

We live in Seattle. Sean and I have been married for four yrs as of the 21st. :o) And Riley is 2. He's a busy busy boy...which I'm sure you can relate to!!

It's good to hear from you. I don't update my site very often, I keep everything on Xanga which is protected. There are a lot of CIU connections there too.

I'll keep checking back to your blog though!

Thanks for writing!! Take care, Cat