Sunday, June 24, 2007

Is it Monday yet?

I'm actually ready for Monday. I think I'll probably get more rest at work tomorrow than I have at home this weekend. My sister-in-law, me, and my hubby did a HUGE yard sale for my mother-in-law this weekend and Oh my stinkin gosh, there was sooooo much stuff!!! But, I must say we did sooooo good! We got rid of most everything and made some pretty good money!! Praise the LORD!! :) The yard sale itself wasn't so bad. I think it was coming off a week of vacation bible school at church, working at work everyday, and then doing all the prep work for the yard sale that killed me. We decided that after bible school thursday night, we would go ahead and go over to my in-law's house and just stay there for the weekend since we needed to sort and get things ready for the yard sale. Well, Joshua (our 2 year old) didn't sleep well thursday night so that kept all of us up half the night and then we only got about 4 hours of sleep friday night because we had to get back up at 5am to start putting everything in the driveway. We sold stuff until 2pm and then what we didn't sale we hauled off to the dump or good will.

I was so tired that when we got home last night I crashed in the bed and Rodney asked me this morning if I heard the thunderstorm we had last night and I had no clue what he was talking about. And, usually I hear stuff like that. He said the rain was so heavy that it sounded like hail, and that the thunder was very loud and the lightening was very bright. He said it was crazy. Then, when I woke up this morning I still had that "cleaning" zap about me so I started sorting and organizing stuff in my house and did that all day until about 5pm and then I went to church.

So, needless to say tomorrow being at work will probably be much more relaxing than staying home. ;)

All that said, it really was worth all the work getting that done for my in-laws. I know they appreciated it and they do so much for us, so I was happy to be able to do something like this for them so they didn't have to. I do have to say that I'm a very lucky girl having the great in-laws that I do! :)

No comments: