Monday, May 19, 2008

5 Days

and counting..... We leave Friday afternoon for SOUTH CAROLINA!!! We are so excited but OH MY WORD... I've got TONS of work to get done before we can go. It's going to be a crazy, busy week! It's going to be so good just to get to go home and see all of our family. Being so far away from them is tough, but it never really HITS me until I see them after being away for so long. When my mother in law came to visit in March I was fighting back tears the whole time when I first saw her in the airport. It's like so much emotion from the time away just builds up and when I finally see them it all comes out. So, hopefully I won't be an emotional MESS when I see all of them. They might think I've lost my marbles in Texas if that happens. (haha)

I have to share some exciting news. I had interviewed to be an officer for a women's group on campus called Metochai and guess what... I GOT IT!! YEA!! I'm so excited. I'll be the Family Ministry Coordinator and be able to be a part of serving the great ladies here at Southwestern. I am just so excited about how God is going to use me in this position.

Well, I'm off to get some of this WORK done... :) Talk to ya soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW THE TIME IS GOING FAST. YOU ARE GOING TO BE SO BUSY WITH YOUR NEW APPOINTMENT CONGRATS!
WE ARE ALL EXCITED ABOUT SEEING YA'LL ALSO.
NEED TO GET BUSY ,BOBS FIRST DAY BACK TO WORK. HAVE TO RUN CLEAN HOUSE BEFORE HE GETS HOME! LOVE NANA