Friday, May 16, 2008

By Faith...

"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." Hebrews 11:8

"One of the difficulties in Christian work is this question - "What do you expect to do?" You do not know what you are going to do; the only thing you know is that God knows what He is doing." (Oswald Chambers)

I have found this to be a very true, reliable thing in my walk with Christ. I am constantly learning to walk by faith and not by sight in all things. God ways are not our own and to the world they very rarely make sense. Even though it's difficult at times to do this I believe we would miss out on so many things God has for us if we didn't walk and live this way. God is faithful and when He leads us into the unknown we can trust him wholeheartedly.

As I look back over the course of my life and see how things have come about I know that it has been the hand of God that has kept me grounded and sane through it all. Through every move, every change, every obstacle God has guided me through it and brought about his purposes for my life.

Moving to Texas last year was such a huge thing for me and Rodney. There were so many unknowns with coming here, but at the same time we knew that if we didn't move that we would miss out on something great God has in store for us. As I look back over the past 6 months that we've been here I see his faithfulness and I see how He has confirmed in our hearts that we are right where He wants us. And, to me it is worth far more than anything else just knowing that I'm in God's will for my life. I know that He is smiling down on us and that is proud of us for standing strong and following him into the unknown. So much of it is still unknown, like how long we will be here, what we will do after we leave here and on and on and on. But, the one thing that will always be a constant and known thing is that God is guiding us and is faithful to provide all we need. And that surpasses everything else. So, yes people may ask us why we are here and what we are doing and to some extent we really don't know. But, the one thing I can tell them is that I'm simply following God's plan for my life and He's never let me down before so it's what I'm going to do.

No comments: