Monday, June 30, 2008

Run and not grow weary....

My soul yearns for you in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for you.
(Isaiah 26:9)

"Without a doubt, the more you know God, the more you want to know God." (Beth Moore)

The question I've been asking myself is do I presently have a yearning for God? My answer to that this time last week was no, not really. I had allowed myself to go to sleep spiritually for quite some time now and as I'm gradually wanting God more this yearning is getting stronger and stronger. I love the Lord with all my heart, mind and soul but there are those times that I'm just tired and feel like I don't have anything else to offer and that He is just one more person on my list that I have to please that day. But, you guys, that's not how I should look at Him at all!!!! He is my Savior, my Lord, my very consistent Father (can't say that about my two earthly fathers), my Comforter, my Provider, my Help... simply put.. MY EVERYTHING! So, why do I always give Him my leftovers? The verse above says that "my soul yearns for Him in the night and in the morning." In other words, I can't get enough of Him!! That's how my walk with Christ is suppose to look.

Isaiah 40:28-31
"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

This is my hope and what keeps me going. As long as I continue to hope in the Lord and align myself with Him, my strength will be renewed and I will be able to face the day to day circumstances that come my way.

Here is what Beth Moore says about this same thing:
"Sometimes I get tired of fighting the good fight, don't you? How can we muster the energy to hang in there and keep fighting for our liberty? Isaiah 40:28-31 tells us exactly what to do when we get weary in the walk. Notice whose strength the Lord will renew: "those who hope in the Lord" If we want to keep a renewed strength to face our daily challenges or regain a strength that has faded, God's Word tells us to draw so close to the presence of God we're practically twisted to Him!"

No comments: