Wednesday, September 12, 2007

LEGO straight to the eye

OOWWIEEE!!! Oh my word, I never knew my eye could hurt the way it has been the last 3 days. I went to put Joshua to bed Monday night and when I bent down to give him a goodnight kiss he reached up and was trying to hand me the lego he had in his hand and that thing went straight in my eye. Poor little Joshua felt awful for hurting mommy. I told him mommy was fine and just endured the pain long enough to get him in bed so he wouldn't worry about mommy and then I went to my room and cried and tried to get my left eye open. I ended up going to the eye doctor the next morning and they said the lego had actually cut my eye so they numbed it up for me and gave me some medicine to put on it. But, they pretty much said this is just one of those things that will be uncomfortable and hurt until it heals up. This is the first time I've actually been able to sit down at the computer and type. Before the light was way too bright for me to try and look at and my left eye was so blury I couldn't see a thing. And up until about 6pm tonight it felt like something was just stuck in my eye and I couldn't get it out. Thank goodness that pain has seemed to stop for now. We'll see how long that last when I have to put more drops in it before bed. My left eye is still still very blury. I'm pretty much typing with my left eye closed so if something sounds weird that's probably why. I go back to the doctor in the morning so they can take the contact lense patch out of my eye and hopefully that will take some of this bluriness away.

1 comment:

Liz said...

You poor girl! I do hope your eye gets better soon. I've got to say though, I had to give a little chuckle. Bet you never thought you'd have a lego in your eye...
Elisabeth