Saturday, September 29, 2007

Quietness

Nothing beats a Saturday afternoon when my precious little 2 year old is up in his room taking a nap and my handsome hubby is laying on the couch napping. All I can hear is the USC football game in the background, my dishwasher and my dryer. With everything taken care of I can take a couple of hours all to myself and simply do whatever I want. With the busyness of our life here lately this is definitely a luxury I don't get everyday.

Me and Rodney have been praying and both feel very confirmed in the area of our future. We have decided that Rodney should go to Seminary and pursue his counseling degree. He is so gifted in this area and there is no doubt that this is a huge gift God has blessed him with. We've been checking out all the seminaries and the only one that offers the kind of counseling program we are looking for is in Texas. So, yes we will more than likely be moving to Fort Worth, Texas in January. Rodney has turned in all his admission stuff so we're waiting to hear from the seminary for acceptance.

When thinking about this move of course I have some worries but more than all my worry I have an overwhelming excitement that is surpasses all my doubts. I am so excited about how God is going to use this time in our life. I know that God has something huge for us and in order to receive the ministry he's calling us to this has to be our next step. There is a chance I'll enroll in the Fall of 2008 to pursue my masters in women's ministry. But, I want to be able to get there and get everything settled and get Rodney started before I enroll.

In the midst of all the stresses and fears we've had over the past couple of months God is beginning to shine light on where we are suppose to be and little by little He is revealing His vision for our life. Please continue to pray for us. Pray that we will remained focused on Christ and allow Him to lead us.

1 comment:

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

Sorry I haven't checked in recently. I am sooooooo thrilled that you and Rodney have sensed direction from the Lord and are pursuing going back to school. What an answer to prayer! Be sure and post acceptance news when you hear about it!