Friday, September 14, 2007

Mommy Time

I'm sitting in my living room relaxing and oh my word, it feels so awesome to just kick my feet up and do nothing. Joshua is playing with his "choo choo" and Rodney is on his way home from visiting some church members at the hospital. It's not very often I get a little quiet time like this. Since I get Fridays off at work my weekend gets to start early and they are always totally busy. So, I took advantage of a little down time today and took Joshua to Leapin Lizards. It's a really cool children's play place. They have all the big inflatable bouncers and just lots of cool stuff... all indoors. :) And, all the mommies get to just kick back on the comfy couches and watch the kids play. I don't get to go there much, but when I do it always reminds me of how much each of us mommies need each other. We need times to just sit and spill our guts about being mommies. Don't get me wrong. I totally love being a mommy and would not trade it for anything, but every once in a while it's nice to know other mommies struggle with the same things I do. :) Once you get to just pour everything out to someone else who really understands it helps relieve all we have bottled up and gives us the motivation to keep going.

Thanks Mommies!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

You're welcome! ;)
Glad you could have some quiet time...you deserve it!!

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

I love time alone and with friends. :-)