Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Home and doing good

Rodney is home and doing good. His surgery went very well yesterday and the doctor says he will be just fine. He's still in a lot of pain from the surgery, but that is to be expected. We're just keeping him on schedule with his pain meds and letting him get lots of rest.

We got some GREAT news today!! Rodney got his acceptance letter from Southwestern Seminary!! So, we're officially moving to Texas!! It was so awesome to see him read the letter and see how excited he is about going. I just started crying.. I guess that's the woman thing to do. As soon as he finished reading his letter it had the housing application attached and he filled that thing out so fast. He looked at me and said, "ok, it's ready. go to the post office and overnight it." :)

Well, I'm going to go rest. I haven't slept well the past couple of nights. I can't stand knowing my hubby is hurting and I just get so restless because I feel like I need to be helping in some way to make him feel better.

1 comment:

Traci Anne said...

I've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks, and just wanted to say hi, and congratulations on your husband's recovery AND your upcoming move to the best state EVER! I've lived in NYC for the past two years and miss my Lone Star State terribly (I grew up in Dallas and went to Baylor)! Will y'all be moving to the Fort Worth or Houston campus? Either way, I think (hope!) you'll find that Texans are super friendly and willing to accommodate! If you ever have any questions or anything (even silly questions you might be afraid to ask!) about Texas, please feel free to contact me! :)