Thursday, October 4, 2007

Nice Surprise

I haven't been going to church on Wednesday nights just because I know we are leaving in a month and I felt I needed to start transitioning out. However, I decided to go last night and hang out with the youth group. Youth group goes from 6:30-8:30 and I only get to hang out with them for about an hour because Joshua's class is over at 7:30. So, from 7:30 to 8:30 I'm usually just hanging out with Josh and playing around the church. But, last night I got a wonderful surprise. Two girls who have graduated out of our ministry stopped by the church last night to talk and catch up with me. I haven't seen one of them in so long and for her to stop by meant so much. She had received the letter about Rodney's resignation and said that she was just so sad to see us go, but that she was also excited about what our future holds.

In the midst of all we are going through right now I really, really needed this. Having them stop by and share with me how much the youth ministry has meant in their own lives just encouraged me so much and made me feel proud of what we have done at sandy level. Although things are crazy and people are trying to really tear us down right now I can stand confirmed in Christ, knowing that I have made a difference for Him in our ministry time at sandy level.

God is so good!! He gives us hope in the midst of our pain. He lets us know everything is going to be ok.

2 comments:

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

What a blessing in the midst of a trial! Yeah God!

Liz said...

Courtney,
Boo hoo! I'm sad you're not coming here, but I'm happy that you have direction and peace about where God wants you. Several years ago, something similar happened to us, and that's when God changed Chris' direction in ministry. Let's try to get together before you move...maybe at the zoo, or something - we're willing to travel to you since I know you're busy!