Friday, November 16, 2007

Reality Setting In

Today is my last day working at the Metro Association. This has been such a great job for me and I really hate having to leave. The people are great and I'm really going to miss the ministry I've been a part of here for the past 5 years.

Everything is starting to feel very final. I guess reality is beginning to set in. I dropped Joshua off at his preschool this morning and it was so sad. He has wonderful teachers there and we are going to miss them so much.

We have 2 more days left in Columbia, SC and oh my word.... we still have so much to do. I will more than likely be pulling an all nighter tonight. I haven't had to do that since college so this ought to be very interesting. :) Lots of people from sandy level will be coming over in the morning to help us load up the penske truck. And, speaking of the penske truck. Joshua is just head over heels in love with this NEW BIG TRUCK sitting in our driveway. We got home yesterday and it was sitting in the driveway. He looked at the truck, his little eyes and mouth wide open and then looked at me and said, "mom, WOW...i ride in that big truck?" I said, yes baby we are going to move to Texas in that big truck and he looked back at me and said, "mom, i ready move to texas" He is so ready to get in that BIG TRUCK. I think he'll probably be heartbroken when we have to turn in back in to penske. I'll take lots of pictures and post them when we get settled in Texas. :)

Keep praying for us. We have got a packed weekend ahead of us and I'm sure lots of emotions will begin creaping out. :( This is going to sound so weird... but it's me and what I'm feeling so I'll share it. I am so sad to leave our house. We have made so many memories in that house over the past 6 and a half years. This is the home we welcomed our precious Joshua home in. I used to just sit in his nursery and hold him and rock him, and I would sing to him, pray over him and just love on him in that room. This is just one memory of millions that we have made in this home. I know that God will give us many more memories in our new home, but I almost feel like I'm leaving part of me in this house. And, it sure does hurt. So, please remember us if you can through this weekend as we leave so many precious family members, friends, and good ol' South Carolina.

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to post anything else before we leave.

So, I'LL SEE YA IN THE LONE STAR STATE OF TEXAS! (wow, it's so weird saying that) :) :) :)

No comments: