Friday, December 28, 2007

We're Baacckkkkk

We're back safe and sound in Texas! YEA!

We had a terribly long day yesterday with plane delays and layovers. Man, I didn't think I would ever get home. And, Thursday morning Joshua woke up with awful congestion and a bad runny nose so I wanted to get him to the doctor before we left. We were so stinkin busy. But, we have arrived and I'm back at work today. Joshua and Rodney are both home getting some rest today. Joshua has tons of new toys to play with so he's on cloud nine playing his little heart out and Rodney is probably in the recliner, trying to keep his eyes open. :) The nice thing is that when I get off at 5 today I don't have to come back to work until next Wednesday so I just keep telling myself that over and over and over and over again so I can get through this day.

I'm going to try and post some pictures from Christmas tonight. Joshua was so cute and really got into everything this year. We went to the mall the day after Christmas and Joshua told me he wanted to see Santa. I told him that Santa had already left to go back to the North Pole to get ready for next year and then I asked him why he wanted to see Santa. He then said, "say tank-you to santa, mommy." AWWEEEE... so sweet!!! He's so precious! I could just eat him up. :)

We were on the plane flying into Dallas last night and I had my arms propped up on my knees and my head laying in my hands and Joshua starting patting me on the shoulder saying, "mommy, you ok?" I told him "yes, I'm fine. I'm just sleepy." He then put his hand on my head and pulled me over towards him and rubbed my head for about 5 minutes. I told him thank you and he said, "mommy, ok now." I told him, "oh yes, mommy is much better now."

He is just so thoughtful, and bless his heart he cannot stand for his mommy to be sad. If I ever get upset about something or cry he always comes to comfort me. It's just the sweetest thing. He has a very tender heart up under all his hyper, tough man exterior.

Well, I'm off to get some more stuff done. I'll catch up with ya'll later!

No comments: