Friday, April 11, 2008

Crazy Storms/Funny Stories

Things are great here in Texas. At least, they are now anyway. :) We had a horrible storm come through early Thursday morning. I mean, dude, I've never experienced a storm quite like this one. Texas storms are definitely nothing like S.C. storms. :) Rodney had actually gotten up and got Joshua out of his bed and got me up and told us to go downstairs because there were tornado warnings out all around us. The power was knocked out so we were in the dark and just had some candles lit so we could see around the house. So, from about 3 in the morning until 4 we were downstairs listening to our weather radio and watching out for tornado's. :) Joshua was running back and forth looking out the windows because he just thought it was so cool. Everytime it would thunder Joshua would act it out and go "BOOM BOOM BOOM" like he was the thunder. He is so funny. Thankfully, the storm fizzled out around 4 and we were able to go back to bed but I couldn't sleep good because the power was out and I couldn't turn my fan on. :( I was hoping by morning the power would be back on, but it wasn't so I had to go work without washing my hair. Oh my word, that was awful. I felt so dirty all day. So, that night I went to a friends house and took a shower. (haha) I just couldn't stand it anymore. We went to bed last night, STILL NO POWER. I was getting so frustrated. Then, by the grace of God, at 1:30 this morning to my wonderful delight, my FAN came on. Oh, it was music to my ears. I flipped the switch on right before I went to bed last night so that just in case the power came on I could hear it. And, oh it was a wonderful surprise when it did. I was laying there in bed and as soon as I heard it, I said, "YES." Rodney was like what's going on, is something wrong? Then I replied, "no, nothings wrong! Everything great now that my fan is on." He was like, oh my, I can't believe you woke me up to tell me that. :) I get excited over the little things in life as you can tell. :)

Another funny story. Last night since we still didn't have power we went to Walmart and bought some little battery powered lanterns which Joshua thought was just the greatest thing since sliced bread (well, he doesn't like bread.. so we'll say since mack trucks, haha). So, when we got home we got the batteries put in and Joshua proceeded to put the lanterns in the living room for us. Well, he decided that since we had lanterns that we didn't need "real plug in lamps" anymore so he unplugged my end table lamp, picked the thing up and took it out on the back porch. Me and Rodney asked him why he did that and his words exactly were, "this don't work, we no need this lamp anymore." I thought I would just fall over when he said that. It's AMAZING what goes through his little mind. It just seriously leaves me speechless sometimes.

Well, I thought I'd give you all a little update. I'll be in touch later this weekend. :)

No comments: