Monday, April 7, 2008

A Lesson in Humility

1 Corinthians 1:10-17

The Corinthians are arguing about which leader is the right one to follow. And, Paul quickly reminds them who their focus should be on. I love how he just puts it out there and says - hey "was Paul crucified for you?" hmmmm... let's think about that - NO! Paul lets them know he is simply a servant of God and he is not trying to "collect a following for himself" but his life's calling is to "collect a following for Christ."

There are so many lessons to learn from these verses. But, the one that sticks out to me is the example of Paul's humility. Paul had an incredible calling on his life and he was a powerful communicator. However, the reoccuring theme of Paul's life is his humility and complete devotion to his God. He always gave 100% glory to Christ.

This is huge! This is a lesson that I have to daily remind myself of. Yet, Paul had it down. I think Paul had his own personal struggles but I do believe that it may have always been very natural for him to give glory to Christ in his humility. I'm not sure that this would have been a big struggle for Paul.

"Lord, develop in me this kind of natural humility. Help me remember that anything good in me is because of your grace and how great you are."

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hey!! Thanks for the comment...I should have mentioned in my blog that Shutterfly kisses is located here in Austin and she takes them out of her home. BUT that does make a good excuse for you to come visit!:) We should plan a get together sometime this summer maybe? and catch up on life. We are doing well but I am a widow this week since Daniel is out on business. Sigh...
Hope ya'll are doing well! How's your ankle??