Monday, September 22, 2008

Funny, yet SWEET Joshua

My sweet little Joshua is growing up so fast and recently has just been saying things that make me and Rodney die laughing! We were driving to church yesterday and I saw a dance studio and was telling Rodney how I'd like to maybe join a dance class and Joshua of course heard our conversation and just said, "Mommy, you would fall on your head." WHAT IN THE WORLD!!! I was like well, thanks a lot Joshua! I'm glad you've got so much confidence in me. IT WAS SO FUNNY though, and the three of us laughed about that all the way to church.

Then, after my fall down the stairs a couple of weeks ago which Joshua saw happen he decided that when I walking down some stairs here at the school the other day that he would run up to me, grab my hand and say as loud as he could "Mommy, don't fall now. You'll get hurt again."

In Sunday School yesterday, Joshua learned about Jonah and the Whale. But, from the time he heard the story to the time we got in the car he had changed some things up a bit. We asked him what he learned about in Sunday School and here is what he said, "Jesus got in the water and couldn't walk, and then a big shamu ate him. He got hurt and shamu spit him out." (and, of course he had to show us how shamu spit Jesus out - that was the most fun part for him)We finally convinced him that it wasn't Jesus that got swallowed by the big whale, but that is was Jonah. It took a lot of convincing though. :) We've got ourselves a very head strong little boy! :)

Needless to say, our little Joshua has picked up on the sarcasm and humorous side of our family! :) I'm sure I'll have lots more to share in the near future!

But, such a sweet thing that Rodney has been teaching Joshua to do has just melted my heart in a million pieces. Rodney has been teaching Joshua to open doors for me. So, all day yesterday any time we were going to get in the car Joshua would run up to the car and open my door, I would get in, and he would then tell me to put my seatbelt on and then he would close my door for me. When we would stop to get out somewhere he would tell me to stay in my seat and he would come around and open my door for me. SOOOOO SWEET! He's growing up into a sweet little man! Of course there was that one time yesterday that Joshua got a little over excited and after he had opened the door for me, he gave me a split second and decided it was time to close the door. I barely made it in the car without getting my leg crushed in the door. Got to watch that little man!! :)

No comments: