Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's Saturday!

We've actually got a pretty busy day today. All of the counseling students from Southwestern were invited to go to a cook out at one of the counseling professors house today. So, we went and did that from 11:30-2:00 today. It was nice meeting some of Rodney's classmates and professors. Everyone was so sweet! Joshua didn't want to leave because they had a dog, a game room with an air hockey table and a fooseball (not sure if that's spelled right) table, and then outside they had a trampoline and a swimming pool. So, needless to say he was in heaven and hated it when it was time to go home. Right now we are home letting Joshua take a nap, and me and Rodney are doing homework, and then we are headed back out tonight at 5:30 to meet some friends for dinner.

In my homework today I'm reading from the book, "A Handbook for Ministers' Wives" by Mrs. Dorothy Patterson. (She is the wife of Dr. Paige Patterson, President at Southwestern Seminary, where Rodney goes to school and where I work.)I have not even got have way through the first chapter of this book and I'm already learning and absorbing so much through her words. Chapter One is titled, Position Demands Passion! Without even starting to read the chapter there is so much learn through those three words, Position Demands Passion! Without passion our positions, titles, callings are merely chores. That is not how I want my life to be defined. I want people to know that Courtney Williams has passion in being a wife, a mother and a minister of the word of God. As I've been preparing for the women's retreat I have the privilege of speaking at in October I've been searching and studying the Word of God and have found myself falling so deeply in love with the words of Christ. I have a passion for studying scripture and as I study it more and more it's like I can't get enough of it. I've asked the Lord to give me a prayer to pray for the precious women I'll be serving in October and today He directed me to Ephesians 3:14-21. As you read the prayer below that the apostle Paul prayed for the Ephesians know that it is my heart's desire that women all over this world would know the love of Christ and as I pray this for the women I'll be serving in October, I'm also praying it for you.

"For this reason, I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and establised in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen!"

No comments: