Friday, February 29, 2008

SOOOO EXCITED

I am so excited and happy and I can finally share with you all WHY!!! :) I interviewed for a job a couple of weeks ago and today I finally got the call that I GOT THE JOB!!! I am the new Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Theology at Southwestern Seminary. It's the same organization I was working for but a totally different department. I will actually be a supervisor to about 6 other people. I have my OWN office with WINDOWS!! YEA!!!! And, I'm going to be doing something that I know I am going to LOVE. I love challenging jobs and jobs that will let me interact with lots of people and that's exactly what this job will be like. I will also get a great pay raise and health benefits which is something I've been praying for. My other job was good but I had no benefits at all with it and I was making much less than what I was making back in S.C. So, I've really been wanting something else for quite some time and then this position in the Theology Department came open and I'm so totally thankful that God has chosen me for this position. I'm so excited about starting. I actually begin Monday morning!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! He is sooooo good to me!

I've been beyond stressed out all this week just waiting to hear back from the Theology Department and I haven't had a full nights sleep since last weekend. I am so glad I can finally get some rest tonight and not have to worry about getting this position. In so many ways I am just at a loss for words because I am so thrilled. I can finally do something that I'm good at and that I love. I have missed my Associational job back in S.C. so much and now I'll be able to do something that is similar but different than that. YEA!!!!

God has really had his hand on our whole move to Texas and getting this job just gives me that extra encouragement that we are doing the right thing and that we are right where God wants us. The job I had in Archives was a great beginning point for me and the abilities I used there played a part in me getting this new job. I was able to show my abilities and people noticed. And, that is just awesome to me. And, God took those people that noticed me and used them to help promote me to a better position. It's just so cool and so humbling how God works. You really never know what He's preparing you for so it's always the right thing to do your best where you are and even though it might seem no one notices, God does and He will reward our hard work.

SO YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA FOR ME!! I'M SO THRILLED!!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

qCONGRATS ********************COURTNEY*******
THE WILLIAMS' ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU'
WELL GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP.
I KNOW JOSHUA WELL BE SO HAPPY TO FINALLY BE THE ....BIG 3......
RODNEY KEEP STUDYING AND ENJOY YOU WEEkEND WITH COURTNEY & JOSHUA.
LOVE ALWAYS NANA and papa

Anonymous said...

Congrats Courtney,

May God richly bless you in your new job as He did in your old one.

Joe C.