Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl Fun

Last night was the first super bowl that I have watched in the past 6 years that I didn't have 20-30 teenagers running around my house. And, I have to admit I missed it terribly!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong I had a blast watching the super bowl with Rodney and Joshua and it was nice not having to get all the food ready and then clean up afterwards. :) But, I did miss the "big party" we had every year with our youth group. :(

But, like I said we did have lots of fun so here are some "highlights" from game night at our house.

1- CHILI (oh yes, it was wonderful and my awesome husband cooked it) :) :) :)

2- Commercial where the lizards were dancing to thriller!!! Me and Joshua jumped up and joined in on the dance. It was great.

3- Joshua was so much fun during the super bowl. Everytime I would get excited about something he would do and say exactly what I was doing and saying. Here are a couple of examples:

The Giants missed a catch inside the in zone so I stood up and put my hands in the air and said "they missed the ball! How could they have missed that ball." Well, as soon as I sat back down Joshua jumped up and threw his hands in the air and said, "they missed the ball! How could they have missed the ball." Of course, it was much cuter with him saying it. :)

When the Patriots came back and scored in the 4th quarter I wouldn't believe it. And, yes I shouted, "NO, they didn't!!" and yes, Joshua did the same.

BUT, the all time best was when the giants came back and scored in the last minute of the game. I was sitting on the edge of the couch so Joshua came and sat down right next to me on the very edge of the couch and as the ball was thrown and caught I was banging my hands on the coffee table screaming YES YES YES YES YES and Joshua joined right in screaming YES YES YES YES YES!!! Then we threw our arms in the air and said "GO GIANTS"

At the end of the game Joshua told me he likes football. :) I said, well, it's a good thing because so do I!! :) He was definitely late going to bed since I got him all excited and hyper about the game. We needed some time to chill out and calm down afterwards.

It was an overall good game. The commercials were not as good as they usually are. But, it was still a great, fun night at home with my family! :)

No comments: