Monday, January 28, 2008

Feeling Better

I am finally feeling better, PRAISE THE LORD!!!! My voice is still scratchy but it's nothing like it was. I was able to get back to the gym today. I did 5 miles and then worked out in the weight room some. YEA ME!! :) It feels so good getting back to my routine and feeling better.

It must be everybody call Courtney and catch up day because once I got home tonight my cell phone didn't stop ringing. My really awesome friend Krista that I went to college with called. I haven't talked to her in 6 years and it was just sooooo good to hear from her. She lives in Houston, Texas and we used to joke with each other in college about Texas and SC and which one was better. She gave me a magnet that says, don't mess with Texas as a joke one time and I gave her a SC magnet back and we were both talking about how we still have those magnets hanging on our frig's. I really believe the friends you meet in college are ones you will have the rest of your life no matter where you are. I have college friends in TX, PA, MN, Jersery, the Philippines.... and we all are able to keep in touch and just share with each other about what's going on in our lives. It's just awesome.

Then I heard from Elise, one of our youth from our previous ministry. She is so precious and has just meant so much to me since the first time I met her. Then I heard from Bill Wright, a guy I used to work with at Columbia Metro and a very great friend and I just checked my email and had an email from one of the Columbia Metro pastors. :) It's so good connecting with people and just knowing that they genuinely care for you and want to know how you're doing. Krista is suppose to come visit some time soon so we can just catch up and hang out. That's going to be great!!!

Friendships are so important. And, that's something that I've truly missed since moving here. I'm starting to connect with the lady's I work with and I'm really excited about the friendships forming there. We just really need friendships to help us keep going sometimes.

Well, I'm off to catch up on some emails!!!

No comments: