Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Mind of Christ

It is simply amazing what we can do when we allow ourselves to be given over to the plan and purpose of God.

I've never been much on "sharing my opinions." I guess I've always thought that if I share my opinion I'm either going to tick someone off or hurt their feelings. But, as I'm growing and maturing in my faith I'm learning that my opinions and thoughts; as long as they are filtered through Christ in a growing, nurturing relationship, are thoughts and opinions that the very Spirit of God is laying on my heart and mind. Now, pay close attention to how I said that.... AS LONG as "my" thoughts are filtered through Christ IN a growing, nurturing relationship WITH HIM" I truly believe God gives us His thoughts and opinions on issues, and His thoughts and opinions become our own. I think that's what it's talking about in 1 Corinthians 2:16 when it says "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him? "But we have the mind of Christ."

I can not receive or know the thoughts of God unless I'm daily speaking to Him and listening to Him. In having a relationship with Christ, if we are truly giving ourselves over to Him and living for Him, we become concerned with what concerns Him and we become passionate about the things He is passionate about.

All this to say, I'm excited about my own growth over the past couple of weeks. God is allowing me to enter into and sharing with me such a deep, thriving wisdom. A wisdom that is giving me insight and direction in areas of my life that I've been "clueless" about for quite some time.

I'm also remembering that when we are experiencing growth in certain areas of our lives that there will be a time that the things learned will be put into practice.

Well, this was just a thought I wanted to share. Hope it makes sense to you all and is helpful in some way! And, I'm really hoping I've not made you dumber for reading this. (hahahaha) :)

No comments: