Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Good Good Day!

It was back to work today and back to school for Joshua. And, it sure did start out with a bang. I have to share this because as soon as it happened, I sat in our hallway upstairs and laughed for like 10 minutes. I took my shower this morning and I like to put my robe on before I pull the shower curtain back so I don't get cold. Well, this morning I put it on and lifted my foot to get out and my foot got stuck in the robe. So, needless to say I was in the process of falling when I thought HEY... I'll grab the towel rack which came right off the wall and I was just standing there holding it in my hand. I started laughing so hard... thankful that the wonderful towel rack saved me from breaking my neck.

We had some great time off just being able to relax and enjoy each other over the chrismas and new years break. But, it's back to our routine now. Joshua got a USC backpack with rollers for christmas and he loved taking his blankets and school stuff to school in it today. He was so proud to just roll his little backpack in. It was adorable. His teacher said when the mommies started coming to pick their kids up this afternoon that Joshua ran over to his cubbie, grabbed his backpack and was ready to go. He just waited on me and Rodney to get there. Joshua is growing up so much. Just over the past couple of weeks he has begun to do and say things like a little grown up. Of course, some of it has gotten his little self into trouble and has landed him in time out, but for the most part it's just all really cute.

Rodney is going to buy his school books tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that this doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and a kidney, and a hip bone.. etc.... etc.. etc. :) :) (haha) I know he is very excited about starting his classes. I think he's had enough of being Mr. House Husband/Dad. He's done a really great job at keeping things going though. He's a great husband and has really gone above and beyond since we've been here. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life. I don't know what I would do without him.

I actually went to the gym today. I am soooo proud of myself. Me and Rodney talked about a schedule so that each of us could go to the gym during the week because one of us has to watch Joshua. I'm really excited about working this out so that we can know out times and just go and get our workout done. It felt really good to get back into the gym today and just have that time to myself and exercise.

As soon as I got home Joshua came running with an excited voice saying MOMMY HOME!!! Now, that's something to come home to. I love it! I put him to bed tonight and he was actually requesting songs for me to sing. He wanted me to sing rock a bye baby, jesus loves me and our very special mommy/joshua song.. You are My Sunshine. Then, we had to read 2 books and sing You Are My Sunshine one more time before he would go to sleep. I gave him a hug and a kiss and he held me tight and said "wait a sec. mom, do leave yet." It's moments like that, that just make your heart melt. I'm so lucky having such a wonderful son as well as a wonderful husband. God has truly blessed me beyond my wildest dreams.

Well, I'm off to get ready to go to bed so we can start all over again tomorrow.

No comments: