Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ready to Serve

We went to church tonight for the first night of our new Bible Study. It was so refreshing to be able to sit and absorb everything the teacher was saying and not be responsible for anything. Although, I do miss being the "teacher." I'm starting to really miss teaching. It is my passion and I'm ready to get plugged back in. I guess after being a youth minister's wife for the past 8 years and always having some sort of responsibility at church I'm just used to it and it feels weird not doing it. I don't intend to stay this way very long though. God has gifted me with the gift of teaching and I'm not just going to sit on it. I've signed up to work with the 6th graders at our new church and I'll get to meet with the same girls each week and lead small group discussions with them. I am so excited about that. I'm just waiting on all the background check stuff to come back and I'll be ready to go.

I also intend on getting involved in some sort of teaching scenerio with other women. I thought about doing this at work. But, I've got to ask around and see if anyone would be interested in meeting and doing some sort of Bible Study together. I probably wouldn't do it every week since we are all so busy. But, I think maybe once every two weeks during our lunch time might work. We'll just have to see. I am just going to explode if I don't get back to a leadership/teaching role soon. It's in my blood and I feel weird not doing it. :)

Oh, and here's a cute Joshua story. :) We were in the car on our way home from church tonight and Joshua said, mommy I hold your hand. I was like ok, so I gave him my hand and he just sat there and held it and rubbed the top of it. I went to move my hand because it was starting to hurt a little with it stretched all the way in the backseat and he said, no mommy, I hold your hand. It was so sweet! I guess he just needed to hold my hand. :) He's so precious!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW ... THAT SOUNDS LIKE YOU COURTNEY LOL BUSY BUSY
JOSHUA'S GROWN UP. YOU TWO BETTER MAKE THIS SCHOOING ONLY TWO YEARS. HE IS NEEDING A BROTHER OR SISTER LOL
LOVE NANA