Thursday, January 31, 2008

Metochai

I went to my first Metochai meeting at the Seminary tonight. This is a monthly fellowship for Seminary student wives. It was wonderful! It was so nice to connect with other women just like me who know what it's like to work full time, have a husband attending school full time, and to have a child who needs your attention full time as well. I can't even begin to tell you how overwhelming all this can get. I'm usually the kind of person who just puts on a strong front and "looks like" I'm handling everything ok but wow, seminary life can be a bit overwhelming.. well, maybe not a "bit", it's more like an avalanche of stress. :) So, to be able to go tonight and talk with other seminary wives did me a world of good.

We also had a great time of praise and worship and a special speaker came to speak as well. It's nice to get away and just be refreshed and encouraged. And, that's exactly what I got tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HRY COURTNEY....
YEA I AM STILL UP ,,,LATE NIGHT.BUT I GET TO SLEEP IN TOMORROW.
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR GOING AND LISTENING TO THE OTHER WOMEN.
I KNOW YOU WELL MAKE NEW FRIENDS.
SAVANNAH BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW NIGHT 6 PEOPLE HAVE RESPONDED THAT THEY ARE COMING. SHE IS SOOOO EXCITED . SHE IS LIKE YOU.... JUST WANTS FRIENDs TO DO THINGS WITH AND CHAT WITH.
THIS WELL BE GOOD FOR JOSHUA TO.MAYBE HE CAN MEET A MATTI IN TEXAS. LOL LOVE T

Tiffany Norris said...

I had fun, too! Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

I just googled Metochai to try to find out more info and your blog came up. I was wondering if you could tell me when the next meeting will be. We live in Granbury, but I really need to get more connected to the seminary. I could use the support from people who understand. If you have any info please email me at aprilchadmauldin@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
April Mauldin